A Day In The Life...Part II
- I finally got my cell phone switched over so it will work here in the DR, so I now have a working cell phone & Dominican phone number! Not sure the cost of calling it from the US, but it's free for me to receive calls, so if you would like it I would love to give it to you.
- As many of you know, I'm quite a foodie and one of my favorite things to do is find and try out new restaurants. Here it the DR it's not quite so easy or fun since everyone serves pretty much t
he same thing, and the others are touristy/expensive. But today Camille (one of the teachers on staff), introduced me to a new hole-in-the-wall in Puerto Plata! It doesn't have a name, but it's about the size of a small Subway and is located on the 27 de Febrero, down the street from the Topical Supermarcado, across the street from Bon Ice Cream, and above the Colmado. Take the stairway next to the ally and you'll see it! I've posted a pic of my lunch...definitely not healthy, but a fun experience...and very local..SCORE.
- Kate and I are thinking about obtaining puppies. There are some precious pups down the path from the school and are about 4-5 weeks old. The question is, do we get one or two? We have already chosen four, so we'll have to narrow it down considerably. One is a definite - Buffy (In Spanish = Boofie), she is cream colored and chubby. Perfecto.
- There is a Rancho (Bar) about 1/4 mile from our house and Karaoke in Spanish doesn't sound any better than in English. Dominicans love Madonna and Michael Jackson.
No comments:
Post a Comment