Thursday, February 7, 2008

Be Where You Are

"Be where you are" is a phrase that has been placed on my heart and mind in this new 'season' of my life. While similar to the common phrase "grow where you're planted", it's different by focusing on where you currently are in life instead of trying to push through the hardships or obstacles. Embrace the now instead of trying to simply persevere. I believe there is a reason for where each of us is in life, and that we should seek out what we can learn about ourselves, our world, and our faith.

For me, this currently looks like working at the Makarios school (Colegio Makarios) during the week, helping serve hungry children lunch and snacks, while trying to convey love through broken basic Spanish, hugs, and smiles. I know this isn't what I'll be doing forever (although I wouldn't mind too much if it was), and I want to cherish every minute of serving "the least of these", as well as to be mindful of the needy people wherever I live in the future. Matthew 25:31-46.

1 comment:

RTR said...

Laurin, first off I want to say how proud I am and glad that you're serving our Lord through ministry and service. You are laying up treasures in heaven and you'll likely never know--this side of eternity--how much of an impact you are truly having not just on these children but those working with you, in the towns, and even those that await your return here in the USA.

This blog is great and it's an awesome way to keep informed. Is there anyway to link up your picasa web album?

Anyway, keep up the good fight and let us know if you need any support other than (or more of!) the fervent prayers of your family. We all love you!

-The DC Rennells